The authors inform no conflict of interest.
GENÉTICA FORENSE NA INVESTIGAÇÃO DO ESTUPRO COLETIVO: CONCEITUAÇÃO E RELATO DE CASO
Thaís Helena Holanda Viana (1)
Davi Arnaud (2)
Fernanda Freire Collyer Correia (2)
Vitória Bezerra de Alencar (2)
Velko Veras Pereira de Matos Filho (2)
Vivian Romero Santiago (2)
Samyra Maria Vieira Brasil Rocha (3)
(1) Universidade de Fortaleza (UNIFOR), Curso de Medicina, Centro de Ciências da Saúde (CCS), Fortaleza – CE, Brasil. (autor principal)
(2) Universidade de Fortaleza (UNIFOR), Curso de Medicina, Centro de Ciências da Saúde (CCS), Fortaleza – CE, Brasil. (autor secundário)
(3) Farmacêutica perita do Núcleo de Pesquisa em DNA Forense da Coordenadorias de Análises Laboratoriais Forenses, Perícia Forense do Estado do Ceará (PEFOCE), Fortaleza – CE, Brasil (orientador) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Introduction: Sexual violence, within the scope of Legal Medicine, is exemplified by rape, mainly, whose epidemiology is devastating for female and black victims. The punishment of this crime is usually based on the analysis of materials containing DNA, found in forensic examinations. The aim of this study is to report a case of gang rape, explaining the importance and complexity of genetic profiling tests. Material and methods: The present study is part of the case report modality, arising from a demand to clarify the nature of the suspects of a crime of gang rape. A narrative review of the literature on gang rape was also carried out in three open access databases. Results: GSL, a woman, a possible victim of gang rape, which occurred in the interior of Ceará, was submitted to an expert examination, in which samples of biological material were obtained, from her and from CAA, the main suspect, which were later analyzed by the Forensic Expert of the State of Ceara. Discussion: In the process of analyzing the samples, other cell types may be present, in addition to spermatozoa, such as epithelial cells. From such samples, DNA from non-sperm cells can be extracted. This strategy offers a great contribution in situations where a small amount of male material is found together with the victim’s cellular material. Conclusion: The possibility of CAA being the main suspect was compatible, but not the only one. Thus, the final result corroborated the main hypothesis of gang rape.
Keywords: rape, genetic profiling, forensic genetics.
- NAÇÕES UNIDAS BRASIL. OMS aborda consequências da violência sexual para saúde das mulheres. [Online]; 2021. Disponível em: https://brasil.un.org/pt-br/80616-oms-aborda-consequencias-da-violencia-sexual-para-saude-das-mulheres
- BRASIL. Decreto-lei nº 2.848, de 7 de dezembro de 1940.
- BRASIL. Anuário Brasileiro de Segurança de 2022. Disponível em: https://forumseguranca.org.br/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/anuario-2022.pdf?v=5
- BRASIL. Lei nº 12.654, de 28 de maio de 2012.
- Jeffreys A, Wilson V, Thein S. Individual-specific ‘fingerprints’ of human DNA. Nature 316, 76–79 (1985). https://doi.org/10.1038/316076a0