The authors inform no conflict of interest.
VISUAL LAW APLICADO AOS DOCUMENTOS MÉDICOS PERICIAIS
Fernanda Layse da Silva Nascimento
Advogada vinculada à OAB/PB e à OAB-PE.
The formality in the field of Legal Sciences has always accompanied the operators of Law; With the advent of the last pandemic, the informational load to which society was subjected has increased, demanding that more data be understood in decision-making. Visual law resources emerge in this context as potential facilitators of communication and, within the procedural course, as auxiliary mechanisms for a fair and correct decision. Recognizing this potential, the objective is to investigate the possibility of its application to documents of a medical-expert nature, considered essential for the adequate resolution of judicial disputes. For this, the research, which qualifies as theoretical, starts from studies on the application of the visual law in legal documents and, based on the deductive method, investigates the possibility of its use in expert medical documents. It is recognized that expert evidence is essential to resolve a conflict, but the magistrate’s knowledge is not always sufficient to adequately understand the specifics of a dispute. As a result, the report drawn up by an expert is expected to contain clear statements about the object, in simple and coherent language. To help achieve this end, design strategies, admittedly adaptable to various areas, have the potential to make expert conclusions more accessible. It is concluded that the application of visual law resources, by seeking to transform more complex concepts, data and information into simpler ideas, can act as a truly useful tool for the preparation of clearer and more objective expert reports.
Keywords: visual law, expert medical documents, communication.
- Hagan M. Law by Design. Stanford Law School. 2017. Available from: https://www.lawbydesign.co/.
- Associação dos Magistrados Brasileiros (AMB). O judiciário ao alcance de todos: noções básicas de juridiquês. 2007.
- Coelho, AZ, Holtz APU. Legal Desing/Visual Law: Comunicação entre o universo do Direito e os demais setores da sociedade. São Paulo: Thompson Reuters; 2020.
- Aguiar, KS. Transformação jurídica digital: do uso da tecnologia ao Visual Law. 2022. Available from: https://www.migalhas.com.br/depeso/345132/transformacao-juridica-digital-do-uso-da-tecnologia-ao-visual-law.
- Amorim JBN. Fundamentos atuais do processo civil; processo de conhecimento. São Paulo: Manoele; 2004. 1 V.
- Santos EFS. Manual de Direito Processual Civil. 15ed. São Paulo: Saraiva; 2011.
- Didier Júnior F, Braga PS, Oliveira R. Curso de Direito Processual Civil: Teoria da Prova, Direito Probatório, Teoria do Precedente, Decisão Judicial, Coisa Julgada e Antecipação dos Efeitos da Tutela. 11ed. Salvador: Editora JusPODIVM; 2016.
- Savaris JA. Curso de Perícia Judicial Previdenciária: noções elementares para a comunidade médico jurídica. São Paulo: Conceito Editorial; 2011.
- Azevedo e Souza B, Oliveira IB. Visual Law: Como os elementos visuais podem transformar o direito. São Paulo: Thompson Reuters; 2021.